Tuesday 4 December 2007

wakey wakey

To make up for lost time I'll cut the crap and just drop a whole load of tunes I've been feeling lately.

Coki - Spongebob Heard this at FWD a couple of months ago and the crowd went mental... not hard to guess why.

Fridge - Anglepoised Kieran thingy's band before he became Four Tet. This kind of thing often bores me rigid but there's something about the perfectly formed textures in this tune - good winter music - and I don't even mind that it's about 15 mins long

Elmore Judd - Tron Song Particularly for all Ellis/Burghley crew - this is a nice tune that works even better live

The Firm - Phone Tap I'd be looking for this tune ever since Glastonbury 1998 when the Roots dropped it in their set - which I might add was the only good thing about Glasto that fucking miserably wet year. Anyway, always assumed it was a Roots tune but couldn't find it on any of their albums - I had given up looking - then heard this at a party the other day. The Firm are a hip hop supergroup consisting of various rap illuminati I can't remember. But dang if this isn't a killer tune.

Styles P featuring Sizzla - I'm Black Heard this on 1Xtra the other day and then fairly skipped to download it. Lyrics are a bit silly but it's a killer riddim or whatever you call it in hip hop.

Jaime Alem & Nair De Candia - Passara Beautiful tune from Soul Jazz's recent After Tropicalia set - Tom T informed me that this is an example of a particular Brazilian genre but I've forgotten everything else he said about it, including its name.

Brendan Moeller - Jazz Dunno where this came from or who the guy is but it's a sweet sweet sweet piece of minimal techno.

Caribou - Barnowl Know even less about this - just found it on my computer the other day and it appealed to the Krautrocker in me, even though it was apparently made only a couple of years ago.

Over to youse lot...

No comments: